David Tennant has spent the last couple of days in Salt Lake City, Utah attending the FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention. As well as taking part in multiple photoshoots and signing sessions, he also answered questions for fans during a Q&A panel yesterday afternoon.
The packed out event was hosted by actor and stand-up comedian Jay Whittaker and sw David tackling questions on all aspects of his life and career. Among the topics discussed were:
- David's introduction to the local delicacy 'fry sauce'.
- David's dancing abilities
- His upcoming projects: Camping for HBO, the new BBC series There She Goes (which David does not think will be shown in the US), the much anticipated Amazon prime adaptation of Good Omens and a DuckTales Christmas special.
- His work in Marvel's Jessica Jones: David says that there are no immediate plans for a return for Kilgrave but added "...if there were immediate plans I'd be denying them".
- Jodie Whittaker taking over as the Doctor in Doctor Who: "The Doctor can be anything and anyone. Any sense that Jodie is an unusual piece of casting will be banished by the time it takes to the screen...I can't wait to see it."
- His memories of filming Doctor Who: "...A different life, such an intense time"
- The Doctor Who theme tune: "I will never do show that has a theme tune that good again and then I ended up in DuckTales."
- Broadchurch's backstage shenanigans: "We laughed a lot - often inappropriately."
Watch the video here:
David will be visiting Rose City Comic Con in Portland today and tomorrow.